This Collection was located at the beginning of the 1990s by Mr. Alejandro Latorre Atance and Mr. Luis Vegas Ramos when they carried out reform works in the house that today is the headquarters of their company and was delivered on deposit to the Library of Researchers of the Provincial Council on 9 April 1998.
It is made up of 1057 images, 1 photographic album entitled Aviación de Guadalajara. 1915-6-7- and 8). Guadalajara military airfield and 29 boxes of photographic material of various sizes, manufactured by different international commercial houses in the first third of the 20th century. Of the more than a thousand photographs, 588 still have their negatives (371 glass plates and 217 acetates) and 468 only the positives. The images are dated between 1896 and 1941.
The themes collected in the collection are of very diverse themes. After its complete cataloging and digitization, it has been organized into nine Sections.
The most numerous is that of Aeronautics. It includes 179 images of the most varied types of hot air balloons and airships that reflect the important presence that the units of the Military Aerostation had in Guadalajara from the end of the 19th century to the 1930s of the 20th century. Along with them, the 262 grouped in the Aviation subsection stand out, which document the existence of the now-defunct Guadalajara military airfield and the construction of various aircraft models at the Hispano factory. This section is completed by numerous aerial views taken from balloons or airplanes and other military topics related to the activity of the Corps of Engineers in the city.
The remaining sections collect a varied number of themes that reflect the Guadalajara of the first third of the 20th century, among which it is worth highlighting 120 portraits of people in very diverse activities; 64 exterior and interior views of the La Hispano factory, showing the activity of the workers at work; 112 shots of various sports such as athletics, football, boxing or cycling; 74 urban views and 69 natural landscapes.
The authors of the photographs documented in this Collection are several: the Fernández Palacios brothers, who according to our investigations were the compilers of the Collection from 1913 to 1936; various photographers from the Military Aerostation bound for Guadalajara such as José Reyes; Arquer and other photographers with a studio in Guadalajara during the 20s and 30s of the 20th century.